The so-called ‚Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant‘ (ISIL) takfiri group killed a senior commander in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in Syria on Thursday, the elite branch of the Iranian military announced Friday.
General Hussein Hamedani was martyred by ISIL terrorist operatives „during an advisory mission“ in the northern region of Aleppo, a Guards statement said.
Hamedani had been playing an „important role… reinforcing the front of Islamic resistance against the terrorists“, it added.
Iran is a staunch ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, supporting him with military expertise to defend the country against the operating takfiri groups.
- Syrian Refugees in Canada Face Resettlement Delays, PM Denies
- Wide-scale Op. in Syria: 27 Targets Hit in Homs, Hama, Raqa
- Erdogan Threatens Russia of Terminating Ankara-Moscow Nuclear, Gas Deals
- Syrian Army Restores Large Areas in Hama Countryside
- ISIL in Syria Uses Mosques as Shelters, Civilians as Shields
Ursprünglichen Post anzeigen 50 weitere Wörter